Ines Thorn - Die Spiegeltänzerin

• *die spiegeltänzerin* von ines thorn
    ihr buch *der maler gottes* hatte mich neugierig auf mehr gemacht.
    *die spiegeltänzerin* ist total anders - keine biografie über einen künstler von anno schrumm, sondern die schilderung einer frau auf der suche nach einem sinn in ihrem dasein. der titel kommt von der beschäftigung der protagonistin mit der verschönerung von spiegeln.
    ute kirke stern wird 30 jahre alt, ist verheiratet und berufstätig als schaufensterdekorateurin. in einem kaufhaus.
    mehr schlecht als recht kann ihr mann ihr die baldige planung von nachwuchs schmackhaft machen. eine schwangerschaft ist dann auch sehr schnell vorhanden. ute bemerkt, dass niemand sie mehr als ute ansieht, sondern nur noch als mutter künftigen nachwuchses. besonders deutlich tritt dies zu weihnachten zu tage, als man ihr schwangerschaftsbücher, windeln, strampler und eine wiege schenkt, aber sie sich von niemandem mehr als individuum wahrgenommen sieht...

PS
    ooops. ich glaub ich bin hier falsch. sorry.
    kann ein mod das bitte löschen oder verschieben?
    ich gelobe besserung!
    :-)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von *patin* ()

• good evening, Dr. Bhagdish Bhagwhati!

thanks for the honour of receiving a comment to the book i presented. and congratulations for your excellent english concerning it is not your first language as you are indian native.
    it is not mine, too. therefore i am not quite sure if it should be "this book ... sound*S* interesting".
    referring to your statement i can assure you, that i do not see this book in too much relation to womens lib.
    but it may be worth a discussion, wether having not liberated women really is something for men to be proud of.
    in my oppinion, man and woman should both be equal partners.
    and i think, if i would be a man, i would not feel satisfied having a woman, who was unable to decide to be my partner in her own free will.
    but as you told us, your *shiva* is liberated, so you can be proud.
    to answer to your last point: yes, germans eat a lot of beef. unfortunately, we are a bit too much repeating habits of the americans, starting with coca cola, chewing gums and later hamburgers and such things.
    but this a thing, every person has to decide of his own.
    thanks for your good wishes, i wish *shiva* and you a good night, too.

• good morning...
    (may i call you *baggy*? would be so much more comfortable!)
    just a short *hallo* because i just reached the last pages of the book mentioned above and it is very thrilling and amusing and true at the same time.

" I therefore will have to end this otherwise very pleasant discussion right here."

okay

"Try not to eat too much beef! The great sacred cow might apprear in your dreams! I will pray for you!"

thanks.

"I must thank my very good fried Jefferson"

kentucky fried jeffy?
    oh god, HE seems to be the one needing our prayers...

have a nice time and take care

• @ admin: lieben dank! :-)

so, ich habe das buch jetzt ausgelesen.
    mein beuteschema sind sonst eigentlich eher die historischen romane und (auto)biografien, hier griff ich zu, weil mir die beiden anderen bücher der autorin gefallen hatten (gestern abend vergaß ich *die pelzhändlerin* zu erwähnen), und ich habe es nicht bereut.
    das buch wirkte auf mich recht spannend, stellenweise lustig, manchmal anrührend, einige denkanstöße gebend und durchwegs überaus realistisch.
    was mir besonders zu denken gab, war die abtreibung.
    normalerweise habe ich dazu eine feste meinung, die durch die motive der protagonistin, sich zu diesem schritt zu entscheiden, ein wenig ins wanken gerieten. zwar bin ich nach wie vor der meinung, dass man sich solche dinge *vorher* überlegen soll, trotzdem war die handlungsweise für mich weitgehend nachvollziehbar. aber wir diskutieren hier ja nicht das für und wider der abtreibung.
    gut gezeichnet fand ich die person des ole, eines mannes, dem die *heldin* auf ihrem selbstfindungsweg begegnete. es gibt mE zuviele *oles* (auch weibliche), man erlkennt sie bedauerlicherweise nur oft sehr, manchmal zu spät.
    da ich für *happy ends* bin, gefiel mir der hoffnungsperspektiven offen lassende schluss.
    lg
    *patin*

• Dear Mr. Backwatti,

it's not nice, to disass friendly women, so that they believe, you are an Indian. Okay, maybe you are an Indian, but than you are an American Indian and so your Shiva is to be called Manitou. Don't bring these things througanother!

Friendly winking

Chief Longfeather

• howgh chief longfeather, sir!
    first i want to thank you, if you count me to the friendly women mentioned in your posting.
    but i have t tell you, that i have my own ideas concerning that mr. baggy.
    maybe he is a little *ähm* well... strange.
    but after all, he does not hurt anyone, does he?
    so i suggest, we spend him patience:-)
    yours sincerely
    sister of the rainbow

• Dear Sister- of- the-rainbow,

I'm happy to read, that you are not hitten in your heart and not crucial hurted by Mr. Wanghani. I have my own ideas, too, concerning to this man. On the other hand, even when he writing aweful poems some times, I've learned to know him as friendly man; especially when he writes german language.

Sincerly

Chief Longfeather